Here are some Website with reliable information on general aspects of nutrition and diet information:
- The Academy for Nutrition and Dietetics (AND), the organization that credentials Registered Dietitians. This site offers a wealth of information on nutrition for the public, as well as “find a dietitian”, and information on training for RDs and what we are skilled at doing best. www.eatright.org
- Fruit and Veggies Matter, a site from the Center for Disease Control, with excellent ideas for recipes and for adding these foods to your menus. http://www.fruitsandveggiesmatter.gov
- MyPyramid, a site from the USDA, with a wealth of information, including a personalized diet plan for healthy eating: http://mypyramid.gov/
- The Food and Nutrition Information Center, USDA, offers easy, online access to government information on food and human nutrition for consumers. Includes information on food safety, labeling, USDA nutrient database with information on thousands of foods, physical activity guidelines, weight management and nutrition in the life cycle. www.Nutrition.gov
- Information on the Nutrition Facts food labels. This site includes many handy facts on reading, interpreting, and understanding food labels. This is an important aspect of learning about what is in the food we eat. http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/~dms/foodlab.html
- Information for kids on fruits and vegetables. This site includes lots of fun games, cookbooks and ideas for preparing foods with kids, and other information for teachers and children. http://www.dole5aday.com/
Here are some websites with reliable information on eating disorders, emotional eating, and general resources for help:
National Eating Disorders Association https://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/
NEDA supports individuals and families affected by eating disorders, and serves as a catalyst for prevention, cures and access to quality care.
Eating Disorders Referral Service, www.edreferral.com. This site provides accurate information on eating disorders as well as a comprehensive listing of treatment providers in many states in the US.
The Alliance for Eating Disorders, an online site for information on eating disorders for males and females, resources for help. http://eatingdisorderinfo.org/Home/tabid/944/Default.aspx
The National Institutes of Mental Health,
offers medical information including definitions of eating disorders,
treatment, how eating disorders affect men and boys as well as women
and girls, and the latest research into causes of eating disorders and
For general information on health and wellness, go to www.selfgrowth.com. Nutrition-coach.com is listed under “health and nutrition”.